Wednesday 6 February 2019

Computer says no. Well, it might do. We haven't looked at it.

I was meant to be at the Tears for Fears / Alison Moyet gig at the O2 this evening.

The hospital called me yesterday, telling me I had to go in at 12.30 today to pick up my chemo tablets. It absolutely had to be today, they told me, because there were no other free appointments before I start radiotherapy. (You can’t just pick up your tablets. No, you have to have an appointment where you’re lectured for an hour on how to take them.)

I have very low energy to start with, so was concerned this might affect my ability to get to the gig. Also, I have to get up and go to the hospital tomorrow morning for 4 hours of blood tests. But I accepted the appointment. Of course I did.

I turned up at 12.30. My appointment was at 13.30.

I waited.

There were no tablets for me to pick up because the doctor hadn‘t written the prescription. And the reason for that is because they won’t know what dose to prescribe until I‘ve had the tests tomorrow WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN I WASN’T GOING TO HAVE UNTIL TOMORROW BECAUSE THAT INFORMATION WILL BE ON THEIR SYSTEM.

So I’m at home, instead of having a joyous time with musicians I loved back in the 80s.

Fuck cancer. And administrative incompetence.

No comments:

Post a Comment